Are you a Carer? - Do you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because of one or more of the following; physical or mental illness, disability, frailty or substance misuse,
Carers Northumberland can help. They provide practical and emotional support and information and encourage carers to have a life of their own outside of their caring role.
They can offer:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
Everything they do is led and influenced by the carers they support. Membership of Carers Northumberland is FREE.
The surgery can contact this service on your behalf to register you as a carer. The person you care for does not have to be registered at this surgery. Someone from Carers Northumberland will then contact you to discuss how they can best support you.
If you would like any more information or would like us to register you with Carers Northumberland Please contact the surgery on 01670 829889 and speak to our Carers Champion – Louisa Dickinson
To visit their website please click on this link: https://www.carersnorthumberland.org.uk/